Friday, November 18, 2011












November 18, 2011  

Today's Photograph . . . . T Was Lost!  (Janet B) 
Bible Study Verse
Luke 15:16
And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!' (NASB)

Thoughts
I remember how anxious I was to hunt deer that first year in Minnesota. A neighbor told me there was a good population of deer on the north side of Mitchell Lake. There was fresh snow, so I decided to do some tracking and still hunting.

As soon as I entered the woods, I jumped several deer that were bedded down in thick cover. I didn't get a shot, so I decided to wait and let the deer settle down. It started to snow again, but I thought that I would be able to follow my tracks out of the woods.

I tracked those deer for about a half- mile. It began to snow more heavily and then turned into blizzard conditions; so I decided to find my way back to the truck. I couldn't distinguish my tracks from other tracks. I started to panic and run through the woods! I was lost!

I soon tired and eventually settled down. I found a Balsam Fir stand that protected me from the snow. I walked several directions from the Balsam stand until I came across an old timber trail. That timber trail gave me hope. The Lord guided me in the right direction. I eventually came out on a county road two miles from my truck.
(Tom L)

Action Point
At that time of my life, I was lost spiritually. There was no hope for me after death. If you are lost and don't know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, your only hope is to place your faith and trust in Him. Realize that we are all sinners and Christ died to pay the penalty for our sins. Read Romans 5:8. Accept Him today.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Don't make all the classic errors that I did. Before going into an unfamiliar area, study a topographical map of your area. Always bring a compass and survivor pack. Don't forget to let someone know where you are going and what time you will be returning home.