Thursday, March 8, 2012











March 8, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Whitetail Buck (FWS)  
Bible Study Verses
Joshua 14:10b-12
"Now, here I am this day, eighty-five years old. As yet I am as strong this day as on the day that Moses sent me; just as my strength was then, so now is my strength for war, both for going out and for coming in. Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the Lord spoke in that day; for you heard in that day how the Anakim were there, and that the cities were great and fortified. It may be that the Lord will be with me, and I shall be able to drive them out as the Lord said." (NKJV)

Thoughts
In Arkansas, deer season is beginning to really wind down in late December. The rut is long since gone and the orange army has retreated. Rifle season is about over, deer are wary from the last two months of hunting, and it usually rains a lot. But sometimes, a die-hard hunter can come away with a great deer in December.

In 2006, my middle son and I braved frigid weather on a Saturday morning to sit in our tree. We walked away with a nice non-typical nine-pointer. Man, talk about a fast-break slam-dunk right at the end of the quarter! I love to finish well!
(Brian H)

Action Point
You've got to love Caleb! He's wandered for forty years with the rest of the nation and now he's in his eighties--ready for the rocking chair, right? Absolutely not!!! Caleb says to give him what God promised him all those years ago!!! Giants in the land? No problem! Caleb is still doing what he always has done--following God.
   
My challenge to you is this: regardless of your age, gender, or any other factor, determine right now to finish well. Take the time that you have left on this Earth and make the most of it for God. It may or may not be December in your life, but finish well regardless. 

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Spending too much on seed for your food plots? Check your local discount store for the bargain bags of birdseed. Read the contents carefully. Many of the birdseeds on the market are largely comprised of wheat and other "goodies" that are safe to sow and well received by deer and turkeys. Last year, I paid $15 for a small bag of the good stuff and less than $5 for a bag of birdseed.