Saturday, August 11, 2012












August 11, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . He Is Able To Give And Take Because He Is God   (MQ) 
Bible Study Verses
Proverbs 8:34-35 
Blessed are those who listen to Me, watching daily at My doors, waiting at My doorway. For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord. (NIV)

Thoughts 
This fall, I've been hunting hard! I was blessed to get a lease on some new property, and I spent a good chunk of the summer getting it ready to go for white tail season. Once everything was in place to hunt, I was excited to get onto the property and bag a nice big buck. My trail cams kept showing some beautiful 8 points and one huge buck. I would go to bed having visions of successful hunts with any one of the bucks on my trail cams.

After 6 weeks of bow season, neither my son or I had anything to show for all our efforts. We had seen deer and small bucks, but nothing worth shooting. We had been out in the woods hour after hour after hour . . . to no avail.  
We went down to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. We have hunted there in the past, but this year we had done nothing with the property, since we had gotten the new lease. 

Well, long story short, we went out to a couple of old favorite spots . . .with putting no work into this property at all, and my son walked out of the woods with a good sized deer after one morning hunt. no scent wafers, no mock scrapes, no "doe in heat" scents, no food plots . . .just hunting an old trail.
(Dave M)

Action Point
God has a way of humbling us, doesn't He? I've been hunting long enough to know that hunting isn't about earning an opportunity for an animal, and it certainly isn't about what's fair. 

God controls everything, and though our efforts on the new property were admirable, they didn't produce anything for us. But, God stepped in and blessed us in conditions where we had done nothing to merit harvesting an animal . . . it was simply a blessing from Him!!~1

In our everyday lives, we need to remember that we can never earn anything from God. He is able to give and take, because He is God. Sometimes, we need to be reminded of that.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Get to know your neighbors in the area you are hunting. You are most likely hunting the same animals and can potentially help each other out in developing quality herds. It helps you to monitor and know what animals are being taken, as well.