Wednesday, May 15, 2013












May 15, 2013  

Today's Photograph . . . God Will Not Be Mocked.  He Will Do What He Said He Is Going To Do (MQ)    
Bible Study Verse
Revelation 1:3
Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. (NIV 1984)
  
Thoughts
I've been blessed recently with a wonderful new piece of property to lease for whitetail hunting.  In getting myself acclimated with this new property, I've been going over to do some scouting and get the lay of the land.  What I have discovered is that there are lots of deer sign.  Scat abounds, trails are well-worn, and I've been able to locate several fresh rubs - all within a very short time of walking the property.

This sign has led to increased hope!  The land that I've hunted on for the last decade has been fine, but it's been primarily a cedar swamp, and the deer just aren't that big.  The new location of the property is right next to corn fields.  In the pictures my Cuddeback has been taking, the deer seem to be significantly larger in their bodies.
 
As my kids and I have been talking about the potential of this new land, there has been a definite increased enthusiasm for this upcoming deer season.  Why?  Because the signs are there!
(Dave M)
  
Action Point
It's all in the signs.  Friends, I am no theologian by any stretch of the imagination. But, I can tell you that every day I live is a day closer to Jesus' return to this Earth.  He says that He is coming back to claim His bride (believers in Christ).  He also says that no one knows the day or the hour that this is going to happen.  What we do know is that God has commanded us to be ready!

In my finite knowledge of scriptures, I know that there are signs to look for when this is going to happen.  We need to be good students of God's word and study what these signs are.  God will not be mocked;  He will do what He said He was going to do.  And our lives - well, they should be full of hope, because we serve a God who fulfills all His promises.
  
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Aerial photos are a great way to scout a piece of property.  It lets you see the big picture of what your land is surrounded by and helps you to figure out the best course of action in working with what you have.