Monday, August 4, 2014












August 3, 2014   
Today's Photograph . . . . You Eat What You Harvest (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast  any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt. (NIV)

Thoughts
God truly has provided us sportsmen with a bounty of game animals. They are and should be treated as a precious gift, a privilege to hunt. Early on, I was taught, "You eat what you harvest." As a father, I made sure that I passed those same words on to my son. 

I can still remember my grandmother helping my dad and me clean and package our deer meat. My grandmother was a farm girl. Her family ate what they raised and grew. She painstakingly cleaned the carcass with a vinegar-water mixture to remove all foreign matter, hair, and dried blood. The game we package after cleaning with this method always smells good and tastes great when prepared. 
(Byron S)

Action Point
We are expected to be good stewards of God's awesome creation, not lazy and slothful hunters. From the very beginning, in the Garden of Eden, man was given dominion over the animals. In order to continue our hunting privileges, our stewardship of God's creation is very important. Our diligence in this is not an option. It is a command.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Try cleaning the game you harvest with a solution of one cup of vinegar to one half gallon of water. It loosens up dried crusty blood, hard-to-remove hair, and foreign matter.