Thursday, December 22, 2011












December 22, 2011  

Today's Photograph . . . . It Was Fantastic (MQ) 
Bible Study Verse
Ezekial 43:2
And I saw the glory of the God of Israel coming from the east. His voice was like the roar of rushing waters, and the land was radiant with His glory. (NIV)

Thoughts
I like to camp when I can get a chance. I remember a youth camping trip in the Sam Houston National Forest in Southeast Texas. I was one of the leaders, along some with other men.

I rose early and was sitting outside the tent as the sun began to peak above the treetops in the eastern sky. Everything was quiet. As the sun slowly became more brilliant, nature all around me was waking up, first with only a few chirps of birds; but as it rose higher, more and more of the birds and other creatures of the forest joined in and became louder and louder. The full crescendo of nature did not last long, but it was fantastic.

I wish I could have recorded the scene on film with sound.
(Tom B)

Action Point
Our relationship with God is like the birds and creatures of the forest. He comes gently to us, slowly revealing Himself. If we seek after Him, we will learn more about Him and His divine plan for our lives, piece by piece.

For me, seeking Him means rising early, reading God's Word, letting His voice and His thoughts talk to me, and then putting them down in a journal.

God talks to everyone, at  different times or in a different ways.  If we are quiet and listen, He will speak.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Out in the woods or on the water, early, is one of the best times to fish or hunt. Be still and listen for the movement of a deer in the woods around your stand. Listen for the splash of bass breaking water for a top-water insect. Let nature communicate to you.