Sunday, September 22, 2013













September 16, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . It Was Literally Straight Up For About Forty-Five Feet  (MQ)
Bible Study Verses
Isaiah 26:3; Philippians 4:7
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. (NIV)
 
Philippians 4:7 
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (NIV) 
 
Thoughts
On a desert bighorn sheep hunt thirty six years ago, I had to put my faith and trust in a friend, an experienced sheep hunter, and follow him up a bluff that I still don't believe we scaled. It was literally straight up for about forty-five feet. The result was an up-close-and-personal shot at a record- book ram. 
 
When I think back to that day, I realize that if I hadn't trusted my friend and followed his leading, I would not have gotten the ram that now hangs in my office. 
 
A few days ago I attended a funeral for a friend and business associate who passed away unexpectedly. He was a young man, far too young to leave us. As I sat and watched his parents, family, and closest friends mourn their loss, I had to think of these two verses. At a time like this, there are no pat answers, and most of the time we don't even know the right questions to ask. 
 
But, God promises us His perfect peace if we keep our trust firmly in Him. I don't understand this Peace, but I have experienced it in times of trial. This is a perfect peace that is truly beyond my comprehension, and one that could only come from His Holy Spirit working in my heart. 
 
When you're hurting, remember that God does indeed love you; and though you may not understand the "why's" of what has happened, God understands and will give you His peace if you trust Him, completely, faithfully, and steadfastly. 
(Cliff S)

Action Point
In James 1:2-4, God tells us to consider it all joy when we encounter various trials, for the trials lead to perseverance, and perseverance leads to spiritual maturity. 
 
Just like gold in the refiner's furnace, we are purified and become more like Jesus every time we go through the fire--the trials in our life. It is in these times that we learn to trust God fully and rest in Him completely.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day 
Competent professional guides provide us with knowledge and experience that they have gained from years of outfitting in a particular area. You have to trust them, that they know what they are doing; and then, follow their instructions. By doing so, you will enhance your chances of killing an animal, and also of coming home safe.