Tuesday, June 5, 2012












June 5, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Sea Trout (DNR SC GOV)
Bible Study Verses
Philippians 1:9-11 
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ-to the glory and praise of God. (NIV)

Thoughts 
There are several criteria that I use when choosing an area to fish for spotted sea trout--the presence of bait, water quality and clarity, timing of tide changes, and the correlation of forecasted wind direction and speed. These factors help me determine whether to set up and spend the day fishing or seek a different area. When these criteria are met, I have confidence in the area.

Recently I had to make a big decision for my family--a career change that would drastically alter our lives. My wife and I prayed diligently and sought God's guidance. I also used criteria to help me in this decision:  
  • How will the decision honor God and reflect on me as a Christian?
  • Which choice will have the greatest impact on the Kingdom of God?
In time I was able to discern what I needed to do and established confidence in my choice. 
(Will D) 

Action Point 
You may be faced with an important decision that will affect your life. Through prayer and reflection, allow the Holy Spirit to guide you, help you discern what is best for you, and ultimately reveal your Creator's purpose and plan for your life.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
This time of year, sea trout feed voraciously on glass minnows (anchovies). Extremely small and in vast schools, this type of bait is typically hard for fisherman to see. Although it may appear that an area is devoid of bait, big schools of trout may be gorging on them. Watch for them--they will scatter on the surface when reeling in a lure.