Thursday, June 7, 2012












June 7, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . We Are Going To Have To Engage The Lord  (NPS)
Bible Study Verses
Genesis 32: 24-29
So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob's hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. Then the man said, "Let me go, for it is daybreak." But Jacob replied, "I will not let you go unless you bless me." The man asked him, "What is your name?" "Jacob",  he answered. Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome."
Jacob said, "Please tell me your name." But he replied, "Why do you ask my name?" Then he blessed him there. (NIV)

Thoughts
I just finished nine days, the most mule deer hunting I have been able to manage in years. 

While walking 54 miles, I thought I had the best boots for the job. On the 8th day, I had to tape up blisters on my feet. 

I saw several bucks, struggled through tracking them, and blew a stalk on one of the biggest bucks I've ever hunted. Results? My 15 year old daughter, the successful hunter of the family, took her second 3x3 buck in as many years. 
(Ruben C)

Action Point
Jacob's struggle with God was real; it wasn't a dream. The intensity lasted till dawn without the angel getting away. Don't you think 5 to 10 minutes of this kind of battle would be enough? Jacob so wanted God to bless him, that he would not release him until He did. 

Our struggles are sometimes harder than we like and last longer than we like. To see wanted changes in our spiritual, physical, and emotional life, we are going to have to engage the Lord.

"During the days of Jesus' life on earth, He offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the One Who could save Him from death, and He was heard because of His reverent submission," Hebrews 5:7 (NIV). In Luke it says that drops of blood came from Jesus'  forehead when He prayed in the garden the night before His crucifixion.

What describes your relationship with God? Dare I say we take our lead from Jacob and Jesus Christ our Lord!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Let's assume you have the right boots/shoes and proper socks, wool or quality synthetics, for the job. If you're out in the field all day and your feet get a little sore or even tired, give 'em a break. Take your boots off when you break for lunch and let your feet, socks, and insoles dry out. Even in cold weather if I'm hunting hard my feet will sweat and that coupled with hard hunting, stray dirt, and pebbles is a recipe for a blister or sore spot somewhere down the road.