Wednesday, June 19, 2013


















June 19, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . All We Need To Do Is To Tell Them "I was blind, but now I see"  (Janet B)
Bible Study Verse
John 9:25 
He then answered, "Whether He is a sinner, I do not know; one thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see." (NASB)

Thoughts
Have you ever felt like this?

I don't know much of anything. I frequently feel as if I am walking around in a fog and hoping that someday the fog will lift. "How could anyone be this dumb and live?" I ask myself. How could I possibly share my faith with anyone and tell them about Jesus when I am so ignorant! I have a hard time remembering my name; how in the world am I ever going to have an intelligent conversation with someone about my Savior and convince them that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

I feel like this most of the time. Here is a clue that I have learned, and it took many years to learn this. It's not about me! If I can just get me and my inadequacies out of the way and let the Lord come through, I would be much better off. I can't convince anyone to do anything. If the Lord wants someone to come to Him, and He wants me to be the vessel He uses to do it, then He is will give me the words to use. I don't have any! 
(Dave H)

Action Point
Think for a moment about the man to whom the Lord gave sight. He didn't know anything about Jesus. He was actually put on trial because the Lord had healed him. He had no training or background, and had never read or heard even one word from the New Testament. 

But when push came to shove, he knew one thing--"Where as I was blind, now I see." That is what we need to share with those we meet. We don't need to try and use clever sayings to win people to Christ. All we need to do is to tell them "I was blind, but now I see." The Lord may open their eyes and allow them to see too.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When organizing your pack, consider putting the things you might need in to separate bags or containers inside your pack. This way if you have to find something in the dark (as though I were blind), you can do it by feeling for the container that you need. Of course, keep that flashlight where it can be found without fumbling.