Saturday, June 8, 2013
















June 8, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Teaching Kids To Be Ethical and Responsible Sportsmen and Sportswomen Is A Great Payback For My Volunteer Time  (MQ) 
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 8:6-9
You made him lord over the works of Your hands; You put everything under his feet:  all the sheep and oxen, as well as the animals in the wild, the birds of the sky, and the fish of the sea
that pass through the currents of the seas. How magnificent is Your name throughout the earth! (HCSB)

Thoughts
I was fortunate to grow up in a family that loves God. I was taught as a child to attend church and practice good stewardship.

Most of us think of stewardship in terms of giving money. But it also involves responsibility, and taking care of what is entrusted to us--money, family and relationships. As I got older, I started wondering who is responsible for God's creation. At first, the answer seemed easy-- the government-run forest service and game and fish agencies are responsible.

Well, not so fast. The way I understand the eighth Psalm, God has put man, you and me, in authority over His creation. Authority carries a great deal of responsibility. These days, when I think of stewardship, I think of Psalm 8.
(Ernie W)

Action Point
Read the complete eighth Psalm. Think of how you can be a steward of God's creation. For me, this meant getting involved with a conservation group. Conservation groups raise money for habitat projects and then give opportunities to work on them.

Hunter Education Has been another opportunity for stewardship. Teaching kids to be ethical and responsible sportsmen is a great payback for my volunteer time. So the next time your state game agency or local conservation group has a work project or volunteer opportunity, take your friends and get your hands dirty. God will reward you in ways you can't even imagine.
         
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Want to get the inside information on a hunting area? Go help on a habitat work project. The area wildlife manager usually is there and will give you plenty of advice on the area.