Monday, November 18, 2013













November 15, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . He Restores My Soul  (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (NASB)

Thoughts
David was like the ultimate outdoorsman. He was a rugged outdoorsman, and a fierce and mighty warrior. He was also tender and reflective. His list of superlatives reads like a list of what women are looking for in a man.
 
Now I won't' go so far as to say he was a perfect husband, because he surely was not. If David hadn't fallen with Bathsheba, we would not have that part of his life in the Bible to warn us against adultery and to remind us of how horrid it is when we commit that act. To me, he displayed all the attributes of a man--both good and bad. He also showed us what to do when we screw up. Repent!


Nevertheless, David shows us how to be a real man. His time spent in the outdoors gave him great insight into many things.
(Dave H)

Action Point
Knowing what a man of action David was makes the Twenty-third Psalm even more special to me. He was not a "milktoast", afraid of his own shadow. I mean, this was the guy who went after Goliath with nothing more than a slingshot! And he did that when he was just a boy! David was a real man, a "man's man." Yet he was able to write a poem that tells us to put our full trust and faith in the Lord. Resolve to follow David's example by  placing your full faith and trust in the Lord! Look to the Lord in all things!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Many states have hunting/fishing licenses that expire at the end of the year. Don't forget to pick up your new license before you go out in the field!  Pick up one for the kids while you are there!