Sunday, November 24, 2013

















November 20, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . If We Trust God, He Will ALWAYS Deliver  (USGS) 
Bible Study Verses
Exodus 16:13-15
That evening quail came and covered the camp, and in the morning there was a layer of dew around the camp. When the dew was gone, thin flakes like frost on the ground appeared on the desert floor. When the Israelites saw it, they said to each other, "What is it?" For they did not know what it was. Moses said to them, "It is the bread the Lord has given you to eat. (NIV)

Thoughts
As usual before I write one of these devotionals, I asked God to give me His words to benefit all of you who read it. I just said that prayer, and opened my Bible to this quotation! Now, that is God in action! Even when we doubt, or as the Israelites, grumble amongst themselves, if we trust God, He will ALWAYS deliver.

Last week on a duck hunt with some friends, the day started off slow. However, we had a short devotional time that morning and asked God to let us have a good day in His creation. The faithful were blessed with not only a nice bunch of mallards, but a bonus pintail and gadwall to finish the day. The best part was spending time with friends and enjoying our view of God's creation. Now that was cool!
(Jim C)

Action Point
Throughout my life I have been blessed to travel on numerous great adventures. Sometimes I still get more concerned about the fish I catch or the game I harvest. The best adventures of all are always the ones that I enjoy myself and worry little about the catch or the harvest. Those always seem to come through the grace of God.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Some ducks decoy better than others. Pintails seem to ignore a lot of our hard work, go about their day, and give us little credit for our enthusiasm. But beware. They can drop in on you when you least expect it. If pintails are around, stay alert for these extremely beautiful ducks to grace you with their presence.