Wednesday, November 13, 2013














November 8, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . When Our Children Provide Spiritual Insight To Us, Do We Listen And Take Heed  (NPS)
Bible Study Verse
Ecclesiastes 4:9
Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. (NASB)
 
Thoughts
My son and I were sitting in our stand just before dark when we heard the shot ring out from a friend hunting nearby. 
I said, "Let's get going; she'll need help loading up her kill." We got there just as she was reaching her four-wheeler and went to help her load up. She had shot a nice feral hog. Once loaded, we went back to our vehicle and followed her into camp.
On the drive, my son said, "Do you know why she got that hog?" Having seen nothing to shoot for days, my thoughts ran to, "It was the only thing that stepped out under her feeder."
Before I could make the flippant answer, my seven-year-old son quickly replied to his own question, "Because God blessed her."
That hit me hard. I was flooded with embarrassment over the shallowness of my own thoughts and pride over my young son's insight. 
(Mary Ellen Q)

Action Point
Ah, the wisdom of the child.
As His disciples were trying to shoo away the children in Luke 18:15-17, Jesus said that the kingdom of God belongs to such as they--trusting, innocent, believing, dependent.
Dependent: dependent upon parents to provide food and shelter; dependent upon parents to provide guidance; dependent upon our Heavenly Father to provide our daily bread.

Are we dependent daily upon our Heavenly Father or our own self- sufficiency? Are we providing spiritual guidance for our children? When our children provide spiritual insight to us, do we listen and take heed?

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Always be ready for an opportunity to help another hunter load and butcher their game. You may learn a tip from their methods, or teach them one of yours. Someday, you may be in need of that extra hand yourself