Wednesday, November 13, 2013




















November 7, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . The Key To Guarding Your Heart Is Through What Filters Through Your Brain  (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
II Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
This past Saturday morning before the sun was up, I was busy dropping off my son, my brother-in-law, and my niece to white tail bow hunting spots. I ended up getting into my stand later than I wanted, and in the process of hurrying in to my own hunting spot, I had forgotten to put on my face paint to camoflage me. 
 
I quickly reached in to my backpack and pulled out a camo case with paint in it, but it was still dark. I quickly started putting on my desired colors, even though I couldn't see what I looked like or where the colors were in the case. 
 
You see, I've used the camo case so many times over the past twenty years, that I know exactly the order of the colors. When I reached in to get the black on my fingertips, it was right where I knew it to be. When I put my fingers in the green compartment, it was exactly what was supposed to be there. I had no worries in getting the right colors on because I had their specific location memorized. 
(Dave M)
Action Point
The word of God as a believer in Christ is supposed to be a core value of ours. We should value God's word so much that we read it, study it, and meditate on it . . . to the point where can actually have it memorized. 
 
Now, I know there are some great memorization courses out there, and I've done that to some extent, but I am by no means a walking Bible spouting out verses wherever I go. However, I do know my fair share of the Bible, and it always amazes me how an issue will present itself during the day, and a verse will pop into my head that deals exactly with how God views the particular issue. 
 
God's word is true, and knowing it is important. It should be right at my fingertips when I need to think through what the Lord would have me to do with my daily choices and decisions. I challenge you to get scripture memorized. The key to guarding your heart is through what filters through your brain . . .
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Keep your backpack organized in a specific pattern, so that you can automatically know where things are located. This will help you not waste time in getting something out and also minimize the amount of noise you make.