Sunday, May 6, 2012












Mat 6, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Not Everyone Who Buys A Rifle Or A Bow And Takes To The Field Becomes A Hunter (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Matthew 11:25
At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of Heaven and Earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. (NIV)

Thoughts
I took a new friend on an archery deer hunt with me and my hunting buddy years ago. He was a very intelligent sort and just out of the military. 

We were hunting in the desert that first day. When I spotted the herd of deer we were tracking several 100 yds ahead, I got my hunting buddy's attention. I gave him hand signals which indicated there was a big buck, a small buck, and a number of does. 

My friend just stared at me. "What was that all about?" he asked. I explained what I was doing, and he replied, "Well I learned all kinds of hand signals in the military, but I've never seen anything like that!" Even applying all his advanced analytical training, he never did catch on to our signals. 
(Ruben C)

Action Point
Not everyone who buys a rifle or bow and takes to the field becomes a hunter. It's much more than a dress rehearsal. Just because you're "out there" doesn't mean you're gonna "get it." Nature talks to all of us, but not everyone understands what's been said!

To whom does God reveal Himself?    . . .children, learners, the humble. 

I am so glad that the verse above indicates that His revelation doesn't have anything to do with IQ!!! It's really a matter of desire, isn't it? 

As a child who has a desire to know and is willing to be taught--we need to come to God with the heart of a child if we want to hear God speak to us. He reveals Himself to those who want to know Him!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Before walkie-talkies were something you could actually walk with, many of us used a lot of hand signals in the field. You could signal a buddy things like, "See you back in camp at noon." 3:00 pm would roll around and no buddy (pun intended) would show up in camp! Do you still have these experiences? I know a few who do! Get a set of FRS radios. Pick a model with at least 5 watts, with replaceable batteries. Use the lithium ion type for everything because they last almost forever. Is camo the best color for your radio? Not if you drop it in the woods!