Wednesday, May 23, 2012












May 23, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . .Let Your Light Shine Before Others (MQ)  
Bible Study Verses
Matthew 5:14-16
"You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in Heaven. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
After retiring a few years ago, the Lord gave my wife and me the opportunity to travel. We drove our 5th wheel camper to Florida to visit my son and his family and to do some ocean fishing. 

After fishing over 50 years and guiding for 11, I felt confident that I could catch some fish. Wow, was I wrong! I had a lot to learn. You have to watch the tides and the weather carefully. The baits and presentations are totally different. 

I couldn't catch any bluefish or Spanish mackerel until a gentleman handed me a "gotcha lure" and told me to reel in as fast as I could. He told me that these species of fish are used to chasing their prey at high speeds. 

The weather limits the amount of fishing you can do, and the grandkids wear you out after a couple of hours; so we spend quite a bit of time at the campground and on the beach. 

After hearing a sermon about "finishing the race," I was convicted by the Lord. He has given us a lot of free time. What are we doing to serve Him and win souls for Christ? We decided to use our gift of hospitality and invite some campers over for a meal. I also purchased some vinyl signs to put on my truck and camper displaying the Sportmen's Devotional logo. The Lord blessed us with many opportunities to witness to others. 
(Tom L)

Action Point
Continue to run the race, let your light shine before men; and use your gifts from God to seize the opportunities that He gives you.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
The pay piers are a good place to learn about ocean fishing. Most of the resident people are very helpful.