Monday, May 21, 2012












May 21, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Taste and See (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 42:1
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. (NIV) 

Thoughts
I was in trouble. It was hot and I was so thirsty. My water jug had been empty for several hours. I had taken the opportunity that August afternoon to scout some public land near my home in hopes of finding a good October bow hunting location. I figured that I could find my way around easily enough so I didn't bother to dig out my compass or my GPS. 

As the storm clouds began to gather, I didn't feel that I could take another step. I knew that I was getting close to heat stroke and would have given everything I had for a cool drink of water. When the storm finally brought rain, the refreshing coolness left me speechless. I can't tell you how happy I was when I found the trail that led back to my truck.
(Brian H)

Action Point
That's how God wants us to want Him!!! He wants us to be so thirsty for Him that nothing short of a refreshing encounter will suffice. He wants us to remember the truth: that without Him, we will perish both physically and spiritually.

Do you know Him? If you do, then do you desire Him above all other things? Do you feel that pang of thirst in your soul? Only God can fill that. Run to Him like a deer to a stream or a lost hunter to a water source. Taste and see that He is wholly good and perfect. Then submerge yourself in His waters and be refreshed

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Summertime rain may stop you from doing a lot of things outside, but it's a great time to take inventory of your hunting gear. Mend holes in your pants, replace buttons on shirts, throw out gear that is no good, and make a list of things that you will need before opening day. Use rainy days to your advantage!