Monday, May 7, 2012












May 7, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Big Horn Sheep (Ruben C)
Bible Study Verses
Luke 14:28-30
"Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won't you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, saying, 'This person began to build and wasn't able to finish.' (NIV)

Thoughts
Suppose you decide to go on a Sonoran mule deer hunt. You pay the non-refundable guide fees a year in advance. Then two weeks before you are to depart on the hunt of your lifetime, you realize the airfare is about $2,000 more than your budget can withstand. You can't go. The hunt is cancelled. When asked why you didn't go, what will you say? What will others think? Sounds silly doesn't it?

"I would never plan a guided deer hunt and not consider all aspects before laying my hard earned money down," you say.

Your spiritual walk should be taken no less seriously. 
(Ruben C)

Action Point
We cannot take on the responsibility of being a disciple of Jesus without considering the difficulties we will encounter.
 
"But if anyone obeys His word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in Him: Whoever claims to live in Him must live as Jesus did," I John 2:5-6 (NIV). 
This is a hard-hitting scripture not often considered. Regardless of your preferred Bible version, each reads similarly: If we say we abide in Him, we ought to also walk as He walked. And if we do, we can count on the power of God to support us, as the world and Hell will certainly be against us!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
I am a huge advocate of Public Lands hunting. I am not a trophy hunter, though I've shot many. (They made my record book!) There are many public lands in the Southwest that yield many trophy deer, elk, sheep annually. I just love to hunt; and I'll put my time into research and my money into the trip and tags when I feel that I can be satisfied with the best I am capable of on a particular hunt, even if I come home empty- handed. One out-of-state deer hunt yielded no deer, but revealed a premier elk hunting area that has given up three elk to my dad and me in subsequent years. Never a wasted trip is my motto!
.