Friday, July 13, 2012












July 13, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . He's Now Passing A Treasure To Me (MQ) 
Bible Study Verses
Deuteronomy 4:9-10  
Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them. Remember the day you stood before the Lord your God at Horeb, when He said to me, "Assemble the people before Me to hear My words so that they may learn to revere Me as long as they live in the land and may teach them to their children." (NIV)
 
Thoughts
My Dad recently passed on a treasure to me . . . an old boat. 
 
At first glance, there is nothing special about the boat, but this boat has a history behind it that I love. The boat is wooden, and both my Dad and my uncle designed and made the boat about 50 years ago. Their hands measured, cut, crafted, glued, and nailed this boat together. They created it . . . 
 
Almost all of my childhood memories of fishing with my Dad occurred in this boat. We would load it up and head off to Fish Lake or Long Lake to catch bass, pike, perch, or blue gill. When I think of the laughter, the jokes, and the good times we had fishing, they all occurred within the confines of this small wooden boat. But now, he's passing the boat along to me . . .

It needs a little TLC, and now my son, Caleb and I are trying to resurrect the condition of the boat. We've been doing some caulking to take care of the leaks. There are some boards that will need to be replaced. We've got to take care of a little dry rot . . . 
 
This boat when we are finished will be perfect for Caleb to use. We live on a lake, and this will give him the capability of fishing whenever he wants with a boat that will be suitable for him to maneuver. He won't have to ask to take it out . . . it'll just be there -waiting. At some point, the boat will become Caleb's. My plan is simply to pass it along to him.
(Dave M)
 
Action Point
In a physical sense, my Dad passed along a gift to me that I in turn will pass along to my own son when the time is right. It wasn't meant to be hoarded; it was meant to be shared . . . to be used. 
 
Spiritually, this is exactly God's expectation for each of us with our families. If we have accepted Christ as our Savior, it should be our honor and privilege to share our faith with our children...to pass the gift along. God wants us to pass along the message of salvation and be the link in the chain of our spiritual family. Don't relinquish this role to someone else . . . pass it on!!!
Sportsmen" Tip of the Day
If you are buying a boat, canoe, or kayak, one consideration to think about is the color of the boat. If you ever get stuck out in the water and the Coast Guard has to do a search for you, bright colors are a lot easier to spot. Dark colors easily blend in to the water, but fluorescent yellow, orange, or even a red are easy to spot from above.