Monday, July 23, 2012












July 23, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . We Are Reminded God Is In Control And We Are Not (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 37:23
The Lord makes firm the steps 
of the one who delights in Him. (NIV)   

Isaiah 46:10
I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, 'My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.' (NIV)   
 
Thoughts
"If you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes and it will change!" We all have heard this or a similar statement concerning where we live.

I sit here in my office praying that the weather will immediately change so my plans for today will work out as I want. 

Several times I have asked God to change the weather, to stop the rain. Will he do so? I do not know. (Later addition - He said no. He did not make it stop as I asked!)
(Jack M)

Action Point
When the weather does not perform as we expect or desire, we are reminded that God is in control and we are not. One thing is sure. God knows best! Another thing is sure, we are not in control. Only God can plan something and make sure it does come to pass.

This applies to other changes in our lives. I am also in the process of moving to a new opportunity of service. It was a totally different direction from the way I wanted and had prayed to move. We wanted to move East, and God has called us West.
God knows best. I will trust Him. After all, wherever I go, He is with me. Will I trust Him enough to obey Him? Will you trust Him? Even when things don't go as you have planned, will you continue to trust Him?

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Prepare for the unexpected when you make a hunting trip or even when you are out for the day. This is especially true if the hunt takes you long distances from your vehicle or from camp. Matches or fire making supplies, emergency blankets, rain poncho, knife, and a multi tool of some kind could all be life savers.