Tuesday, July 31, 2012












July 31, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . The Roles Have Been Reversed   (MQ)
Bible Study Verses
I Kings 2:1-3
"I am about to go the way of all the earth," he said. "So be strong, act like a man,  and observe what the Lord your God requires: Walk in obedience to Him, and keep His decrees and commands, His laws and regulations, as written in the Law of Moses. Do this so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go." (NIV)

Thoughts
When our sons were youngsters, my friend and I made sure that they were included in our trips to the mountains. We talked often about where to plan hunts in order for the boys to be able keep up with the men. 

Well, guess what--it's a few years later; actually, many years later, and now our talk centers around planning trips in order for us old guys to keep up with the young bucks! A few trips back, this point was driven home in a subtle, yet profound, way. 

My son and I were easing our way up a bluff through some rough stuff. He had gone up in front of me and, looking back and seeing me struggling with one large step, he extended a strong hand to help me up. I thanked him and he said I was welcome. Then he commented that he keeps a closer eye on me now to see if I need help and if I'm okay. 

At first, the comment touched a little nerve; but, as I thought about it more, I laughed out loud and thanked God for how my son has matured--that he cares enough to look after the old man. 

You see, the roles have been reversed. The young bull now leads the way for the old bull, and that's the way it's supposed to be. I'm just thankful that the Lord has seen fit for me to see my son grow into a man--a man of strength, a man of character, and a man who walks in God's ways! 
(Cliff S)

Action Point
When my son was born, I asked God to allow me to live long enough to see him grow into a man. As his father, it was my responsibility to teach him about God, to read the Bible to him, to pray with him, and to lead him to the Lord. 

Well, my son is a man and is living a life of responsibility, to God and to himself. God has answered my prayer. I hope that I have many more years of watching the young bull continue to grow; but I know that, whatever life may bring, he'll be okay because God leads his way.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
As often as possible, include your kids in your outdoor activities. Two tips: make sure that they have good shoes that fit properly; and that their sleeping bag will keep them warm at night. The trips will go much better if these two things are right.