Tuesday, July 31, 2012












July 30, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . .  It Is A Balance We Need To Undertake, The Ability To Sit And Abide In This World Without Tipping Over And Capsizing   (MQ)
Bible Study Verses
John 17:15-16 
I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. (NASB)

Thoughts
Recently I took up a new sport; kayaking. I was in a local class with about twenty-five other first time kayakers. As I scanned around the room I noticed that we ranged in age from fairly young people to retired couples.

As the class proceeded they warned us that some of us would probably capsize our kayaks when we first started. I remember thinking "maybe some of the older people, but certainly not me." Well my arrogance proved misguided when I first sat down in the kayak, floated about ten feet into the lake, and fell over. Not only was I going to capsize, but I was the first one in our group to do it!

I slowly walked my soaked and dripping body onto shore, with twenty five sets of eyes watching, I drained my kayak, and with assistance climbed back in. I then proceeded to paddle about fifty yards when I tipped over again. After falling over for the fifth time, I was quickly becoming the guy nobody wanted in their group. 
(Brett M)

Action Point
Jesus was praying to God asking for protection from Satan for His disciples. He knew that His disciples were hated by the world because their very beliefs, the things they stood for and did not stand for, stood as accusations against the things the world did stand for.

Fast forward two thousand years and here we are in the world. But, striving not to be of the world. The very people who espouse tolerance are intolerant of our beliefs as Christians. For the very same reasons, our lives and beliefs stand as an accusation against what some find acceptable. It is a balance we need to undertake, the ability to sit and abide in this world without tipping over and capsizing.

Often I see these new bumper stickers that say "NOW: Not Of this World". When you see one stop and pray for Jesus' disciples (us) just as He did. Pray that our heavenly Father would protect us all from the evil one and give us the balance needed to be in the world, but not of this world.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Kayaks can be used in various ways. They can be fished from, used a transport vessel for a difficult hunting location, or maneuvered to cruise a lake, river, or ocean.