Wednesday, September 12, 2012












September 12, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . More Than The Fear Factor Of God's Justice Should Be The Love Of Christ In Our Hearts For Others   (MQ)
Bible Study Verses
Matthew 25: 34-36, 41
Then the King will say to those on His right hand, "Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:  for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me." 

"Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' " (NKJV)

Thoughts
During last year's bow season we saw quite a few elk. I drew on five elk, but never had a good shot to vitals, so I passed on all five shots. Bow hunting did give me an opportunity to learn where the elk were located, thus giving us an advantage to the beginning of the rifle season. I was especially looking forward to the rifle season because two of my friends from Minnesota were coming to Wyoming to hunt with me.

 
On opening day we saw some cow elk. I knew there were bulls in the area because we had seen them just days before. 

That afternoon prior to the evening hunt, I was hospitalized for kidney stones. After a couple of weeks the stones were removed surgically. Fortunately, one of my friends was able to connect on a nice bull.  
Not being able to hunt with my friends and sitting around the house for a couple of weeks was disappointing, but looking at the big picture, the whole ordeal turned out to be a blessing. 

The visitation and encouragement that I received from my friends, pastor, and church family made me realize why it was so important in Christ's ministry. The Lord had changed my heart to be more sensitive and encouraging to those who are sick or in need. 
(Tom L)

Action Point
The Lord makes it clear in Matthew 25: 34, 41 what the outcome will be based on our attitude toward others in need. More than the fear factor of God's justice should be the love of Christ in our hearts for others that should motivate our actions. 

Spend time in the Word, in prayer, and in fellowship. Visit the sick, elderly and serve those in need. Bring a dish, dessert, and the communion elements. Both of you will be truly blessed!!!  
 
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day 
The doctors attributed the kidney stones to severe dehydration. While pursuing any game, take time to hydrate often.