Thursday, September 27, 2012












September 27, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . When You Choose The Way You're Going To Follow, Be Sure You Opt For The Truth   (MQ)
Bible Study Verses
John 14:5-6
Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?" Jesus answered, "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (NIV)

Thoughts
Now, if you're like I am, when you reach into your gun vault to select a firearm for a hunt, you probably have a few choices. We all have our favorites. 

For medium-sized animals like deer, some choose the .270, others the .30-06, still others may prefer a .243 or a .308. 

For larger game such as elk, many of my friends favor a 7mm Magnum; I like my .300 Winchester Magnum. 

A lot of the choice has to do with what you will be hunting, where you're going, so to speak.

Any one of these guns will kill anything I hunt, but where's the fun in owning only one gun!
(Cliff S)
  
Action Point
The point is, in many areas of our lives, like hunting or shooting, we have choices. But, in our spiritual lives, there is only one choice--to accept Jesus or not. If I want to go where Jesus is, I have to go through Jesus, Himself. 

The Bible warns us that false teachers will come and will lead many people away from the truth of Jesus. These false teachers are identified as being agents of Satan. Satan is described as being a liar. So, to whom are you going to listen--the agent of the truth, Jesus, or the agent of lies, Satan? 

When you choose the way you're going to follow, be sure you opt for the Truth!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
If you're going to take more than one caliber of firearm on a hunt, be sure you clearly label the ammunition so it doesn't get mixed up. I like to keep my primary firearm's ammunition out where it's handy and wrap the different caliber of ammunition in plastic wrap so they don't get mixed..