Thursday, September 20, 2012












September 20, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . I Like To See What's At The Bottom Before I Leap . . . My Decisions Were Mine And Not The Ramblings Of The Crowd (NPS) 
Bible Study Verse
Isaiah 56:1
"Maintain justice and do what is right, for My salvation is close at hand and My righteousness  will soon be revealed." (NIV)
 
Thoughts
With all that is going wrong in the world today, with all that is evil, with all that is tempting, it's not easy to have morals or stand for what we as individuals believe in.  
 
Society wants us to conform.  Conform to their ways.  It's easier, it's better, so they tell us. 
 
That's where I differ.  The easier way is seldom the correct way. Just because other people jump off a cliff, I like to see what's at the bottom before I make the leap.  
 
Stand for what YOU believe in and pass that on to your kids.  Make a stand, take a stand and do not waiver if in your heart you feel you are just!!! 
(Jim C)
 
Action Point 
As an only child, I remember being an outsider to a group of so called "friends" because I would not go along with what they were doing.  I was teased and laughed at.  
 
Thank you God for those early experiences!!!  Those circumstances made me stronger. As I grew stepping out from the crowd and doing and saying what I believed in became easier.  I learned that by trusting my heart and my "gut" that not only could I sleep at night. My decisions were mine and not the ramblings of the crowd. 
 
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Calling to geese on a short reed goose call, takes time, patience and a lot of practice. In a hunting scenario remember that there is no "stage calling required." Calling to people never put many geese in the freezer! Practice on your honks, clucks and moans that will help you to be a better more consistent hunter.