Saturday, September 29, 2012












September 28, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . "Lots"--Lots of Walking, Lots of Sitting, and Lots of Glassing for These Elusive Animals   (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. (NIV)

Thoughts
A friend of mine, a special hunting buddy, was coming in from a day in the field. We were mule deer hunting, and those days can be very long and full of "lots"--lots of walking, lots of sitting, and lots of glassing for these elusive animals. I asked him if he'd seen anything, and he said, "I almost saw a big one."

"Where," I asked.

"I think he was just over that furthest point," he replied.

We both had a good laugh and ate our dinner anticipating another good time in the field the next day.

When I think about that little exchange, it actually says a lot. The hidden meaning is: I still believed that there was a buck out there, that I could find him, and successfully stalk and kill him. It said that I still had unconditional hope; and that unconditional hope is what got me out of bed the next day to go hike those mountains again. If I didn't have unconditional hope, I'd probably just sleep in. 
(Cliff S)

Action Point
The word "unconditional" gets used a lot in our society. Unconditional love, unconditional obedience, unconditional acceptance. But, have you ever thought about your faith in Christ being unconditional. 

I'll believe in God if He heals my back pain. I'll believe in God if He sends me a great job and makes me rich. I'll believe in God if He does some miracle, whatever it is that I demand. Well, here's a news flash. Faith is unconditional, just as God's love is for us. If God has to do stuff for you to believe in Him, it'll never happen. After He's done whatever it is, you'll just figure out something else that He has to do to prove to you that He is who He says He is--the God of the universe. Jesus Himself actually told some folks in the Bible that even if they saw a miracle that they wouldn't believe, and they didn't. 

Here's the deal: faith just is!!! It is based on what we read in the Bible about God and His son, Jesus. And, our faith grows when we get into the Word, the Bible, and read, study, and meditate about God. When you do, you'll find out that He's already done everything that He needs to do for you to place your faith in Him. He sent His Son, Jesus, to die for us, and then He raised Jesus from the grave. Because of that empty grave, I have faith in Him!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Keep getting up early and getting out there. The animals you pursue are out there for you to find, but it's not going to happen if all you do is sit around in camp all day. You have to go where the animals are.