Saturday, October 15, 2011












October 15, 2011  
October 15, 2011  October 15, 2011
Today's Photograph . . . . God's Living Word (MQ)
 
Bible Study Verse
John 21:25
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written. (NIV)

Thoughts
At home I've got many books in my office, spiritual on one side, hunting, and shooting books on the other. 

As well, I've written a few dozen Sportsmen's Devotionals, a couple of magazine articles, and am mentioned in a couple of books. 

I've learned much from some great spiritual writers and hunting experts alike. All told however, my book collection plus what I've written barely fill two book cabinets.
(Ruben C)

Action Point
Most writers I've read have written from one to five books, some a few more.  That many books you could carry in one hand. But like I said, I've learned a whole lot from these various writers that have helped me grow spiritually and in the skills of my trade.  

Much has been written about Jesus in the Bible and in commentaries, etc.  For arguments sake, let's say if one of every book written on all religions filled the Empire State Building it would still never compare with all that Jesus did in His ministry had it all been written down!!!

The Lord makes it easy for us however, and everything we need to know to be His disciple is written in one book, the Bible.  Scripture says, "We know that we have come to know Him if we keep His commands," I John 2:3 (NIV).   

Pick one up today. If you need, let someone mentor you through the Bible. Then like a good hunting, you can put what you've learned into practice.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
The Bible comes in many different media's and versions now. Pick a version that is easy for you to understand.  I like the New International Version because of its "plain English" text. But, there are other similar versions as well. Don't forget you can, also, download the Bible to your iPod, smart phone, or laptop too!!!