Wednesday, October 5, 2011


October 5, 2011

Today's Photograph . . . . Moose (Herb C)
Bible Study Verse
Psalms 40:2
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. (NASB)
Thoughts
Many years ago I had taken a backcountry hike in Yellowstone National Park. Wanting to get a better look at a moose, I traveled through several grassy boggy areas. One last leap landed me into a swampy mire all the way up to my chest! Eventually, I did get out, but it wasn't easy.
(Tom H)
Action Point
Look before you leap! Not everything is as solid as it appears. Use wisdom in making decisions. Check out things entirely.
If you are still undecided about Jesus, I can tell you that He is my Rock. He has never let me down like the miry bog I found myself in, so many years ago.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Not sure where to step? Use a hiking stick or a pole to test the ground or stream bottom first.