Sunday, October 23, 2011












October 23, 2011  

Today's Photograph . . . . Camping (MQ)
Bible Study Verses
Colossians 3:15-16
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the Message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. (NIV)

Thoughts
Let, a verb meaning to allow. I let that bird go (meaning, I missed). I let that buck get away so he can grow up some (meaning, I couldn't get the shot off quick enough). I let my lab chew things up in my back yard (meaning, I can't catch her in the act to discipline her). I let my son take my truck and go camping with his friends for the weekend (meaning, he's grown up and doesn't need me there with him and his friends; they know what they're doing).

We all let things happen in our lives. It's a part of life that we don't often think about, but we live it every day. Or, should I say, we let it happen daily.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
For the peace of Christ to rule in our hearts, we must let it. For the word of Christ to dwell richly in us, we must let it. We have the power to allow God to be our primary influence, or to keep Him on the back burner of our lives. We let so many other things influence us daily, why not allow God to work in our hearts and let Him show us how to walk with and trust Him, how to teach and admonish others, and how to sing and worship Him. He will, if we'll let Him!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When the time comes, let your children head off into the outdoors without you. It's hard, I know, I've been there. But, if you've trained them right, you can have confidence that they'll do things right. And, who knows, maybe they'll let the old timer join them once in a while.