Friday, December 2, 2011













December 2, 2011  

Today's Photograph . . . . Deer (MQ)
Bible Study Verses
Daniel 10:12-13
Then he continued, "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. (NIV)

Thoughts
When I first gave my life to Christ, I had many questions. I read the Bible and prayed earnestly to God for revelation; and He was there, answering with speed and clarity.
However, I went through a time where I did not know if God was hearing me at all. Often I would ask, "Are you there, God?" I remember growing anxious, even impatient.

Daniel had a great concern. His people had become complacent and content in their Babylonian captivity and subsequent lifestyle. But, Daniel didn't lose patience. He "set his mind" (focused intently), humbled himself, fasted, and prayed for them for three weeks! This scripture reveals an amazing insight into the heavenly realm of spiritual warfare. Although delayed, the angel assured him his prayer was heard while a touch restored Daniel's strength (see verse 18).

At the beginning of this deer season, I saw a beautiful ten-point well before shooting time. I watched him ease away in the bright full-moon twilight. For several weeks and countless hours, I hunted that buck. I grew impatient and started to question my spot, my abilities, my gun, etc.

The questioning made me realize that I was placing too much of my time, thoughts, and energy on that one animal. I took some time off, refocused, relaxed and waited - patiently. Shortly thereafter, God rewarded me with a nice eight-point.
(Will D)

Action Point
As I continue my walk and grow in my relationship with God, I have learned the importance of a patient prayer-filled life. Colossians 4:2 says, "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful," (NIV).

Be patient. Watch and wait for the Lord. He hears our prayers and will answer them because His love for us is unfailing. He will give us strength when nothing else can or will.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Deer trails often skirt open areas, parallel creeks and rivers, or follow the contours of hills. When setting up a stand, look for trails that deer naturally use to travel from one habitat type to another. Have confidence in your spot.