Tuesday, December 20, 2011












December 20, 2011  

Today's Photograph . . . . Diversion Can Cost (NPS)  
Bible Study Verses
Matthew 24:42-44
Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. (NKJV)

Thoughts
It happened two different times on this particular hunt, diversion!

I was seeking mule deer, and had set myself up in a ground blind constructed days before. It was a half-hour before sunrise and I was waiting with great anticipation. The sun had not risen yet, the darkness was great; so I rested my eyes. When I opened them, there was a 5X4 mule deer that my partner had in his sites.

Now determined to be vigilant and not allow another opportunity to slip away, I sat with eyes sharpened. After waiting a few hours, my attention was once again diverted. This seemed like only moments.  But when I looked up, another fine deer had presented itself and my window of opportunity was limited.
(Brett M)

Action Point
Jesus tells us to "keep watch" because the time of His return will be unexpected, swift, and sudden.

We may be tempted to become complacent about being obedient to follow through with what He gives us to do. It may seem that we have much time to prepare for His coming.

However, He warns us to be vigilant about His return because it will "come at an hour when you do not expect Him." Lowering our guard while hunting may cost us a harvest; but being unprepared for Christ's return will cost us much more.
   

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
If you are hunting from a ground blind, make sure you have it prepared prior to your time of hunt. A day or two before the hunt can assure you that the blind is in fact "blind" to game and marked on your map or GPS for easy access in the dark. And by all means, when you get there, STAY AWAKE!