Sunday, December 4, 2011












December 4, 2011  

Today's Photograph . . . . Sunrises and Sunsets Should Never Be Taken For Granted (MQ)   
Bible study Verse
Proverbs 10:1
The proverbs of Solomon:  A wise son makes a glad father, but a foolish son is the grief of his mother. (NKJV)

Thoughts
As soon as I read this proverb, I thought of numerous instances when, unfortunately, I have done both, brought joy and grief.

A traveler and adventurer by heart, I have been blessed with the opportunity to see and experience a lot of wonderful things. Canadian sunrises and Mexican sunsets are events of which I will never get tired. God brightly paints the sky; and just to be included in the frame and see it will always astound me. Some of the places I have visited have been remote, to say the least.

The adventures have made my father proud and my mother lose sleep at night. Usually when I tell her about an upcoming trip, she sighs and asks, "Now where are you going that I never heard of?" Her favorite part of any of my adventures is when I call her to tell her that the plane has landed and I am on my way home.

To cause the grief and worry she experiences is never intentional on my part. The cause is me being me; and no matter how old I get, my mom will always be my mom.
(Jim C)

Action Point
Sunrises and sunsets should never be taken for granted. We will only have so many of them to see during our short stay here.

Just take a moment to enjoy each one of them. It can be a great start to any day and put the finishing touches on a great adventure.
   
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When leaving on any trip, always prepare ahead of time. If it's a bear hunt, practice with a rifle or bow before you leave. Instill in your subconscious the skills you will need before the moment of truth arrives. In that way, you will react to the situation with what you have been trained to do. Also, always leave information of where you are going and the points where you will be stopping. If a situation arises that requires your attention, it will be easier for people to contact you. Never assume it can't happen to you, because it can.