Thursday, December 13, 2012












December 13, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . We Need To Just Be Quiet For A Time   (Janet B)
Bible Study Verses
Deuteronomy 6:12-13  
Be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Fear the Lord your God, serve Him only and take your oaths in His name.(NIV)

Thoughts
When I hear and see these lines I am always reminded of one of my favorite movies, the Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston.  A great movie that is timeless for sure.  

When God said these words, He was not kidding.  He is God!  

How many times, however, do we put other gods before HIM?  Think about it.  I know I myself am guilty of this sin.  

Be careful to not get caught up in your world as it is not your world, but one that God has blessed you to be in.
(Jim C)

Action Point
I know there are times when I have to step back from all that is going on in my life and think to myself, "What's on going on here? Where are my priorities? Do I feel anxious, rushed and even worn out? Is it because I'm trying to do too many things and not sit back and listen to what God wants me to do. 

To hear the voice of God, the reason in this world, we need to just be quiet for a time. Sit relax and listen to the small voice from our big GOD!!!


Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Late season fishing can be very exciting. As the water cools down, game fish start feeding up and "shad" looking lures such as crank baits and small spinner baits can be awesome.