Wednesday, December 12, 2012














December 12, 2012
Today's Photograph . . . . That The Man Of God May Be Complete, Thoroughly Equipped For Every Good Work  (Byron S)
Bible Study Verses
II Timothy  3:16-17 
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (NKJV)

Thoughts
This past winter I was hiking with my son up a very steep mountain. The steeper it got the more loose rock there was and I began to be concerned about the trip down. 

When we got to a level spot, my son went over to a yucca plant, cut the dried flower stalk from it, handed it to me, and said "Use this for a staff to help you on your way down." The staff worked well. 

My granddaughter wanted one. So later I went out and cut several. I worked on these through the summer, carving copies of petroglyphs and wild game on each staff. Then I polished and coated each one with varnish. 

I gave these staff's to my grandkids at Thanksgiving and we all took a nice walk after dinner. The girls each used theirs for a walking aid while my grand nephew used his to do battle. He is all boy!!! 
(Byron S)

Action Point
God's Holy Word provides us with a "staff", something we can lean on and depend on to hold us up during the tough times. Yes, we can even use it in battle when we are attacked, calling on the name of our Savior Jesus to fight the battle for us!!! 

If we want to be righteous, we must walk with the Master every day, letting Him instruct us as we walk through our days here on Earth. 

Try reading His Word every single day when you are having that first cup of coffee in the morning, give Him just fifteen minutes out of your busy schedule, and then chew on His Word throughout the rest of your day. You will be surprised how that fifteen minutes a day can give you something to lean on and do battle with as your day progresses.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
As we age we are not quite as nimble as we once were. A staff or a walking stick can be a great aid in steep terrain. Light weight collapsible models are available at most sporting good outlets, or you can do as I did and have fun making your own. With a little extra work, these staffs can double as a great shooting stick as well.