Saturday, December 15, 2012




December 14, 2012

Today's Photograph . . . . Hang On My Friend, Hang On . . . (MQ)
Bible Study Verses
Psalms 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. (NIV)
Thoughts
This verse caught my attention as soon as I saw it. You see here in the Midwest we have had the most severe drought we have had in many years. I did not have to cut the grass at all this summer because it did not grow and was burnt by the beginning of July. Yesterday, God opened his skies and the rain came down in proverbial buckets. My pond had dropped 6 feet during this drought period and yesterday it was awesome to see the heavens open up and the pond begin to fill once again. God saw that it was time and instantly the environment as well as I rejoiced! We proclaimed the work of his hands!
(Jim C)
Action Point
Sometimes we look at a low point in our life and get not only discouraged, but depressed. Nothing seems to be going our way, or even worse, nothing seems to be happening at all.
Try looking at this time as a period of transition that you are going through and pray for God to change it. During these times, it has amazed me that when I turn over this "bad' time to God that He opens my eyes and says, "See now you are ready for this."
Give it over to God, let Him drive and see how the road in front of you opens to a clear view. Hang on my friend, hang on!!!
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
During periods of low water, take pictures or commit to memory what your fishing area looks like when the water drops. Over time, you will see objects you have not seen before, new vegetation may grow in those areas as well. When the water rises again, those areas you found could be hot spots. Remember that fish will always flock to newly flooded vegetation.