Tuesday, August 20, 2013













August 20, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Many People Are Like Crabs . . . . Mudflat Fiddler Crab (NPS)
Bible Study Verse
1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation He will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. (ESV)

Thoughts
We were blessed with a donation of a house and 42 foot boat for a weekend on the Chesapeake Bay for our mentoring program for boys. We went out in the morning and filled our cooler before 10 AM

While at the dock cleaning the fish a couple of the men took some of the scraps and taught the boys how to catch crabs. It amazes me how the crabs refuse to let go of the bait while you pull them in. They will hold on to what they desire even if it means their death. 
(Terry L)
Action Point
Many people are like crabs, they have desires, sins, habits, and whatever that they refuse to let go of even if it means spiritual death or actual death. 

The above scripture speaks directly at temptations which we know can result in sin. I also know that our Heavenly Father is also faithful in helping us to let go of things like guilt, anger, regret, and lust if we let Him. 

If you are a believer and are holding on to something that you need to let go of go to Jesus and let Him take it away. If you are not a believer I beg of you to search your heart and seek out the Lord. It is not easy to let go. Trust me I know I struggle just as much as the next man. But with Him, ye can do it.

"For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery," Galatians 5:1 (ESV).
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
LIVE your life for Him. Remember, "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me," Galatians 2:20  (ESV).