Tuesday, August 27, 2013
















August 24, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . When My Guard Is Down, I Am Most Vulnerable And More Likely To Get Snake Bit . . . . Northern Copperhead  (CT.GOV
Bible Study Verse
I Peter 5:8  
 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. (ESV)

Thoughts
While on a camping trip with my family we did some hiking. The trail we were on was surrounded by raspberry bushes that were bending under the weight of their delicious fruit. As my kids kept jumping off of the trail to grab a snack I warned them to be careful and to watch for snakes, because the area was known to have Copperheads. 

At first the kids were very cautious but after a while they became more and more relaxed in their pursuit of fresh raspberries. Then it happened, I was standing next to my 11 year old daughter as she stepped off the trail and literally came within inches of stepping on a Copperhead. She screamed and thank God the snake darted into the brush. 
(Terry L)

Action Point
When I first came to Christ I was extremely sensitive to sin and to my conduct. Now after several years I have found myself at times not paying as much attention as I should. During these times when my guard is down, I am most vulnerable and more likely to get snake bit. 

That night around the campfire I used my daughters encounter to illustrate to my children that they always need to be watchful as they move through life because they have an enemy who is watching and waiting. 

Satan won't strike when you are paying attention and standing strong in the Word. Oh no, he will wait until you are tired or struggling and then he will pounce. Heed the words of Peter and be sober minded and watchful.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
If you are an outdoorsman you should have knowledge of your local dangers like venomous snakes, predators, and poisonous plants. When you are you should be able to ID them and you should know how to treat any unfortunate encounters.