Saturday, August 17, 2013












August  17, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Our Heavenly Father Takes Delight In Us (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
John 15:11  
These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full. (NASB) 

Thoughts
During the winter months, trout fishing in Arizona usually isn't too productive for me. However, this past winter, I took my two younger boys, 17 and 19 years of age, for a mountain bike excursion. We had small day packs with telescopic rods and all of the gear that we needed for fishing. We only rode a couple of miles into the canyon, and found the hole that I was looking for. We had the best time catching trout in the middle of winter! 

For me, my greatest pleasure was seeing my boys, whom I love so much, having joy in a really simple activity in God's beautiful creation. Our heavenly Father takes the same delight in us. 
(Tom H)

Action Point
Seek out a time where you can do something clean and fun with a son, grandson, or close friend.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Put a few energy or protein bars in your day pack, and, of course, enough water. When I fish I don't think about eating, but you need energy to hike or mountain bike back to your car.