Wednesday, March 12, 2014













March 10, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Can God Depend On Us To Hit The Target Or Are We Like A Faulty Bow  (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Hosea 7:16
They do not turn to the Most High; they are like a faulty bow. Their leaders will fall by the sword because of their insolent words. For this they will be ridiculed in the land of Egypt. ?"(NIV)
 
Thoughts
A friend of mine owned a small farm in north central Minnesota. He was concerned about the damage that the deer and bear were doing to his cornfield. He told me that I was welcome to hunt in the woods adjacent to it. 
 
I scouted the area and found several main deer trails going into the cornfield. After a few evenings of picking the wrong trails, a 12-point buck walked under my tree stand and out to the edge of the field. 
 
He quartered away from me, so I had to wait for a better shot. He finally turned broadside about 20 yards from my stand. I drew, released, and the arrow went wild. I missed! 
 
Later, at my friend's house, I rolled the aluminum arrow on the edge of the kitchen table and found that it was bent. Soon after that, I purchased some carbon arrows.

Whether we use a faulty bow or arrow, we will miss the target. God had a target (expectation) for the Israelites, but they fell short. They rebelled against God and broke His covenant.
(Tom L)

Action Point
Can God depend on us to hit the target or are we like a faulty bow? Do we obey His Commandments? Do we seek God and all His wisdom? 
 
Read the Word. As it states in James 1:22: "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says," (NIV).

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
With all the new archery equipment and technology, it is critical that you go to a pro shop and have them measure your draw length.