Friday, March 28, 2014

















March 28, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . A friend, Paul Hobel, He Invested Well Before He Went Home. Plan To See Him Again . . . (MQ) 
Bible Study Verse
Isaiah 41:10 
Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand. (HCSB)
 
Thoughts
Recently, I wrecked my truck and dealt with all of that mess. Two weeks later, I tore my achilles tendon; and, let's just say that I am not the most graceful guy on crutches. About the time I was going into the whole pity-party thing, the phone rang.

When I was about ten years old, Warren, a family friend, introduced me to hunting. He bought my first shotgun for me, and from that point on, there was not a quail in Arizona that was safe; then, on to big game. Over the years, Warren was a model to me in so many ways. I watched how he dealt with his own trials and issues--not letting them keep him down or get in the way of what he wanted to do. Over the years, we kind of drifted apart; however, there were very few hunting trips on which I have gone that I have not thought of him. Sometimes, I told my son about the hunting and fishing trips he and I had taken. You might say that he launched my hunting career.

On April 1, 2008, God called Warren home. He touched so many lives in many ways. He will be truly missed. 
(Dave W)

Action Point
How long has it been since you contacted an old friend that you have not seen in a while?
Don't wait.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
A hunter needs to be patient, or mistakes can happen, even lethal ones. Remember: 
  • Always treat all firearms as if they are loaded. 
  • Always point them in a safe direction.
  • Be aware of what's before and beyond your target. 
  • Keep your finger off the trigger until you have a good shot. (Warren taught me this.)