Wednesday, March 26, 2014













March 26, 2014   
Today's Photograph . . . . Yet, I Did Not Believe That They Had Any Intent On Obeying Any Law  (MQ) 
 
Bible Study Verses
II Corinthians 6:14-15
Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? (NKJV)
 
Thoughts
I am, among other things, a concealed weapons instructor. I recently had to make a decision that I found very awkward and very stressful. 
 
I had made a commitment to provide training to several women. When the day came, only two of the women were able to attend. When I arrived and met them, it quickly became evident to me that we had a completely different world view - mine, hopefully, being centered in Christ, and theirs as worldly as one could possibly imagine (and I have a good imagination). 
 
This, in itself, is not all that unusual; we all have to deal with such things every day. The thing that had me so conflicted was that they also displayed a complete disregard for the Rule of Law. It was going to be incumbent upon me to sign an application for these women to receive their concealed weapons permit. Yet, I did not believe that they had any intent of obeying any law. 
 
Since I had already given them the firearm safety portion of the class, I felt that I had fulfilled any moral obligation I had for their safety. I terminated our association and provided them with a full refund. It actually cost me money to provide the training for them, as I paid the range fees out of my own pocket. 
(Dave H)

Action Point
Why do I tell this story? Well, we usually associate being "equally yoked" only with the person we are going to marry, but that is not what I believe the Lord intends in this scripture. I believe the Lord is telling us not to be "unequally yoked" in any of our relationships. 
 
I was conflicted in this situation, not only because I had agreed to provide the training, but also because I really needed the money. Bills will go unpaid because of this decision. However, I prayerfully considered this a full night and a day before making the decision and was convinced that the Lord was guiding me to make it. If the Lord was truly guiding me, He will also provide a way for me to pay the bills. 
 
This was new territory for me. I had never done such a thing before in my life and I struggled mightily with it. To me, a commitment is a commitment, no matter what. Was I right? I will probably never know. I do know that my conscience is clear as I followed what I believed to be the Lord's prompting.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Remember, you are responsible for your weapons, 24/7. Just as you know where your kids are, know where your weapons are at all times.