Friday, March 7, 2014













March 7, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Fishing In Contentment (Will D)
Bible Study Verses
Philippians 4: 11-13
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do all this through Him Who gives me strength. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
Never leave fish to find fish. We've heard that cliché a thousand times, yet we still do it. We catch a few, but become dissatisfied with the quality or quantity. We can do better. 
 
A life pursuing happiness without Christ is like this - constantly moving from one thing to another chasing earthly satisfaction. 
(Will D)

Action Point
God made you and me to seek contentment. However, it's not shiny with big tires, in stacks of dollar bills, with bigger horns, or with larger scales. It's found in Him. 
 
Don't keep running after earthly things. Seek contentment in Jesus Christ. "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart," Psalms 37:4 (NKJV). Doing so, you will discover the real and everlasting contentment your heart desires.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Not only are instant hand sanitizers good to keep on your boat for killing water-borne germs, but it will also clean and shine used or stained hard plastic lures.