Monday, March 31, 2014

















March 31, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . God Only Gives So Many Days In The Field  (MQ)
Bible Study Verses
Ecclesiastes 5:17-20
All his days he also eats in darkness, and he has much sorrow and sickness and anger. Here is what I have seen: It is good and fitting for one to eat and drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labor in which he toils under the sun all the days of his life which God gives him; for it is his heritage. As for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, and given him power to eat of it, to receive his heritage and rejoice in his labor-this is the gift of God.  For he will not dwell unduly on the days of his life, because God keeps him busy with the joy of his heart. (NKJV)

Thoughts
I was discouraged, dejected, and mad. The deer season was finished and I threw myself a pity party.

It was the first time in 15 years I ended a season deerless! I couldn't believe it - with all the time scouting, preparing, and hunting at every opportunity, the hours on stand - and I didn't take an animal.

I can throw a pity party with the best of them. I was short with my children, and mad at the world. No, God didn't shine down and grace me with the large 140" deer; but not even a single deer. I could be mad at God, but then He showed me Ecclesiastes.
(Dennis W)

Action Point
I have to stop and look back on that season:
  • My son took his first deer with archery equipment. 
  • I enjoyed seeing many deer. 
  • I made some new hunting friends. I spent an awesome Fall in the woods..
God graced me with an awesome hunting season. It may not have been one where I scored big; however, "It is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it." Thank you God for a wonderful hunting season.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Enjoy every time in the woods and don't put pressure on yourself to perform. Hunting is supposed to be recreation, not competition. God only gives so many days in the field - enjoy every single one.