Tuesday, February 28, 2012











February 28, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . It's Gonna Rain? (MQ)
Bible Study Verses
Jeremiah 9:23-24
 "Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know Me, that I am the LORD, Who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD. (NIV)

Thoughts
I am privileged to be on my agency's national honor guard team. Five years ago we were in Washington, D.C. on our way to an event in full regalia, when we passed the front gates of the White House. By the hubbub going on, it was obvious something was up.

I asked a uniformed secret service officer what was happening, and he said that the president would be driving out at any moment. I asked if my team could come in and stand by to wait for his arrival--after all, we were federal conservation officers, and we know the president. The officer asked me, "But does the president know you?" The officer's words hit home. Then he gave us that smile, and we were shortly on our way!
(Ruben C)

Action Point
Many people say they love God and have the fish symbols on their cars to prove it. But Jesus says of those who do not do the will of His father, " . . . 'I never knew you. . .' " Matthew 7:23b..

Does God know you because you do His will? Like our almost encounter with the president, if He doesn't, you're not getting past the gates. He simply wants us to show our faith in Him by what we do. Read James 2:18.

Get to know God. Put your faith in Him, exercise kindness, justice, righteousness, and the like, and He will certainly know you too!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
In the old days--Okay, let's say 20 years ago and beyond--I remember going on hunting trips, and every morning it was the same thing: "Is it going to rain today?" "Is it going to be hot or cold?" Well you don't have to guess anymore if you have a satellite radio subscription, a smart phone, or at the least, a weather radio with you. My favorite is the weather radio function on my FRS radio. I can tune in to one of the 10 channels and usually get reception on one of them wherever I am, then figure out the day's weather before I leave camp. I often hear the same response from my old man who owns the same radio, yet still seems to live 40 years ago: "Really, it's gonna snow? How do you know that?"

"Instincts, Dad. Instincts."