Monday, February 6, 2012











February 6, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Thunderstorm Moving In (MQ)
Bible Study Verses
Psalm 29:3-4
The voice of the LORD is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the LORD thunders over the mighty waters. The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is majestic. (NIV)

Thoughts
A thunderstorm moving in is a mighty sight, but a thunderstorm over the ocean's water is awesome. 

My son, a friend, his son, and I were camped on the beach on Galveston Island. During the early morning hours, a storm rolled in off the Gulf with lots of thunder. The thunderclaps were not only loud, they would echo across the water, prolonging a loud boom. Along with lightning, it was truly a awesome experience of God's majesty!!!
(Tom B)

Action Point
I take God for granted a lot of time in the course of my busy life--He's the "Big Guy" up there when I need something. But, experiencing something like the majesty of the storm triple highlights His majesty and His power. As David wrote, "The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is majestic," Psalm 29:4 (NIV)

Along with the power of God we find that He is, also, a soft, loving God who comforts in the time of trouble. As a loving father lifts his young baby son when he cries, my God lifts me up and comforts me when I am hurting.

I serve a powerful, majestic Creator. I serve a loving, caring Father who wants only the best for me.
    
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
In the Spring, the weather can change quickly--cold fronts sweep in, changing gentle spring weather into a seething caldron of rain, thunder, and lightning. Fishing right before a frontal passage can present some very good fishing action. But, make sure you're off the water before the bad weather rolls in!!!