Thursday, February 9, 2012











February 9, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Make Sure To Pack It All Out With You (MQ) 
Bible Study Verses
Mark 3:31-35
Then Jesus' mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call Him. A crowd was sitting around Him, and they told Him, "Your mother and brothers are outside looking for You."
"Who are my mother and my brothers?" He asked.  Then He looked at those seated in a circle around Him and said, "Here are My mother and My brothers! Whoever does God's will is My brother and sister and mother." (NIV)

Thoughts
I grew up hunting and fishing with my Dad and one other older family friend. It was not until I was about 20 that I even considered hunting with any other partners. Why was that? I grew up feeling a sense of family toward those with whom I hunted. I didn't care to have anyone else hunt with me or where I hunted, because I didn't feel as though they were part of my family.

I'm sure many potential friendships were lost because I didn't want to make a commitment to someone outside this small group of individuals. It took a very persistent friend to convince me otherwise. After spending time with him in the field, I learned that there were others who feel as seriously as I do about hunting. This family of hunters is bigger than I thought!!!
(Ruben C)

Action Point
When I first became a Christian almost thirteen years ago, my wife and I experienced various degrees of persecution from our friends and family. "Why can't you go to the game with us on Sunday?" They didn't understand our commitment to God. When we tried to explain, the response was usually the same: "But we're your family!" or "You're just going through a phase."

God clearly tells us not to ignore the well-being of our family, but He also tells us we must love Him more (Luke 14:26-27). Remember to seek His Kingdom first, and He'll take care of the rest.

My wife and I were not going through a phase; and we have since been blessed with members of our physical family who have become part of God's spiritual family with us!!!

As for hunting partners, I'm glad I opened my eyes to those outside my physical family. I have had the pleasure of learning and teaching others when I let them into my family of hunting partners!!! We all have one or more hunting or fishing spots that are known to the very few. Sometimes we may have a tendency to decline new partners in the sport, because we don't want to reveal these places. You are missing out on an awesome opportunity for fellowship if you continue down this path!!! Nuff said, brothers!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
If you want fewer people to know where your favorite hunting or fishing spot is, don't leave evidence that you have been there. In my profession I have the opportunity to see the tell-tale signs hunters and fisherman leave behind that reveal frequented "honey holes"--bonfire-size fire rings, packaging from various fishing supplies (hooks, sinkers, lures, bait), as well as shell casings, boxes, and piles of bird parts. Make sure to pack it all out with you and there will be less chance that others will recognize the area as a "hot spot."