Sunday, May 12, 2013
















May 12, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . We Call, We Listen Temporarily, and If We Don't Get A Quick Answer,
We Move On   (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Isaiah 30:18 
Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; therefore He will rise up to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him! (NIV)
Thoughts
This past week I was blessed to harvest a nice buck while bow hunting. I had my grunt tube out and was calling periodically.
At 8 am right after giving a few low grunts, I had a buck that ran directly towards me. He started out about 100 - 150 yards away. I couldn't see him, but I could hear his hooves crunching on the leaves as he ran. He stopped about 40 yards away on the other side of some pine trees and was making a scrape - I still couldn't see him.
I decided to grunt again just a touch, and low and behold he left his scrape and headed down the trail towards me. At 20 yards, he stepped out from behind the pines, finally revealing himself to me.
After a couple of minutes, he presented me with a perfect shot opportunity - slightly quartering away. His life soon ended, and my family had a deer to put in the freezer.
The way I grunt throughout a hunt is very simple: Call - wait - listen. Call - wait - listen. Call - wait - listen. 
(Dave M)
Action Point
Many people, myself included, often call out to God asking for guidance in a particular area and want an answer immediately. We don't always exhibit a whole lot of patience. We call, we listen temporarily, and if we don't get a quick answer, we move on - trying to resolve issues in our own power.
Let me encourage you - if you are calling on God and asking for His guidance - be patient. He will answer you, but He needs you to be at a point in your life where you can really hear Him.
Don't make a drastic move without His guidance. Call -WAIT- listen!
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When using a grunt tube, variety is good. A deer is not going to grunt the same way throughout the course of the day. So why would we sit in a stand all day long using the exact same grunt pattern? Mix it up. Long grunts, short grunts, soft grunts, and loud grunts.