Wednesday, May 29, 2013














May 28, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . The Bible Is Not Fiction   (MQ) 
Bible Study Verse
I John 1:1 
What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have observed and have touched with our hands, concerning the Word of life. (HCSB)
Thoughts
One of my favorite parts of teaching hunter education classes was listening to the students' experiences from past hunts. I have picked up many things about wildlife behavior from the observations of other hunters. 

One of the things I learned from listening to a veteran hunter was that mule deer are very curious by nature. He explained that if a mule deer sees you but does not smell you, it will most likely try to figure out what you are. 

On my oldest son's first mule deer hunt, we were busted by several does. The wind was right so the deer didn't spook. Taking the knowledge that I had learned from the observations of the veteran hunter, I told my son that he should get ready for a shot. Because the deer hadn't winded us, they moved to our right and stopped to get a better view of us. 

My son was prepared for the shot and was successful in taking his first deer. 
(Ernie W)
Action Point
I sometimes forget that the Bible was written by men who, in many cases, actually walked with Jesus. The Bible is not fiction. 

When I studied this verse I was reminded of the fact that the disciples had heard, seen, observed and touched many of the things that they wrote about. Take full confidence in the Bible.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When getting advice about outdoor activities, it is always better to speak to someone who has first-hand knowledge.