Monday, May 13, 2013
















May 13, 2013

Today's Photograph . . . . But In Our Own Efforts To Get Rid Of It, It'll Always Be  (MQ)  
Bible Study Verse
Romans 3:11
There is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. (NIV) 

Thoughts
Showering.  Showering.  Showering.  Every hunter has their routines or fetishes that they observe as they prepare for their hunts. 

This fall, I have been trying to see exactly how big of a difference going scent free would make while I white tail hunt.  So just about every time I've gone to the woods this fall, I've showered with scent free shampoo and soap.  I've made a conscious effort to get rid of any odor that might be present - looking for any advantage I can get in the woods.

I'd really like to say that I took one shower and was good for the whole season.   But, you know what I've discovered, I stink!  (Keep your comments to yourself on this one). 

Yep, I can take a shower in the morning and I wake up with an odor.  I can take a shower for a mid-morning hunt and I already have smells of the day on me.  I can take a shower for an evening hunt, and yep - I stink then too.  For all the efforts that I have placed on being "odorless", there just seems to be a natural odor that I carry with me wherever I go.
(Dave M)

Action Point
In a spiritual sense, this is true of all of us.  We all stink.  We naturally carry an odor with us wherever we go.   It's called original sin.  When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world, a great fall took place.  Every human since then has carried the odor of sin around with them wherever they go. 

You can try a million different things to take this odor away or cover it up.  But in our own efforts to get rid of it, it'll always be there.  The only way we can get rid of this sin odor is to repent - to turn to God and ask Him to forgive us of all of our sins. 

The beautiful thing with God is that He doesn't just put a cover scent over us - leaving the original smell still there.  He actually takes it away! 

Through God's forgiveness, the stench of sin doesn't have to go with you or me!  There is nothing you've done that is so horrific that God can't forgive you!  Ask Him to cleanse you and forgive you of your sins right now and be stench free!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Do what you can to keep the scents away.  There's a whole market out there with products to help you do this - deodorants, shampoos, soap, and laundry detergent.  Just leaving your clothes outside to air out helps tremendously.